Welcome to my blog

Im exploring aspects of mehndi,designs,techniques,significance,function and historical background. I incorporate patterns that are either modern and traditional,Indian or Arabic into contemporary jewellery.





11 October 2011

my wedding souvenirs

My plan for wedding souvenirs was to make something that people would use and not a statue that just lies in thr house somewhere and people forget about it.I went to the ratha yatra festival of chariots, thats usually held at the durban beach front but for the past two years its been held at the old durban drive-in.Its usally held in April during the easter holidays

these are some pics I took at this years festival

Lord krishna's chariot is yellow,his brother balram is green,his sister lady subhadra is red

chariot procession throught the night

I been told all my life he importance off pulling the chariot,it cuts down your karma

the deities of krishna and balram along with other devotees

matha-ji's dancing for lord krishna
I was not allowed to take pictures inside the souvenir tent that was on site,they stock everything you can think of, that comes from India,from jewellery,clothing,bags,shoes,souvenirs,etc.

I bought a brass key ring that I want to make a mould off and and cast them.I have to make 500 key rings so im thinking this is the fastest method of doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment