Welcome to my blog

Im exploring aspects of mehndi,designs,techniques,significance,function and historical background. I incorporate patterns that are either modern and traditional,Indian or Arabic into contemporary jewellery.





09 October 2011

arabic gold bracelet


looking at Arabic patterns from a mehndi pattern book called Nikhar :Arabic and traditional present-day mehandi designs.This book includes designs of tatoos and bindees.My idea is to use this pattern shown above to create a piece of jewellery,not sure on what it could be.I think it makes sence becoming some sort of hand or arm jewellery because the pattern is drawn on the wrist and looks it could represent a bangle or bracelet.I want it to be flat,not to have any hieght or different layers, all must be one layer just like the way mehndi is applied

No comments:

Post a Comment