Welcome to my blog

Im exploring aspects of mehndi,designs,techniques,significance,function and historical background. I incorporate patterns that are either modern and traditional,Indian or Arabic into contemporary jewellery.





10 October 2011

colombo jewellery is art too exhibiton

I been making trays/wooden  boxes that I designed to display my boyfriends gifts for before the wedding. These were made to fit the gifts that I bought for him.I realised I can use them as the base for my jewellery display.



I pinned the jewellery with office pins onto the red sari,however the jewellery looked to flat so I now have to find some other way of displaying the jewellery with having it look like a gift.

I chose to use red,symbolically red is the colour used for weddings,represents love,the bribes outfit is red,when shes married she uses a red bindee and red powder call sindoor on the centre path of her hair

No comments:

Post a Comment