Welcome to my blog

Im exploring aspects of mehndi,designs,techniques,significance,function and historical background. I incorporate patterns that are either modern and traditional,Indian or Arabic into contemporary jewellery.





02 August 2012

casting wax elements

I decided to cast the wax elements although they were breaking as i was building my tree,the idea was to see how they cast and if they do, then this is an achievement because ive come to stage whereby i got a tool that i can use to do mehndi out of wax just need to practise using the tool.


I casted in copper because these were test pieces and i have many copper bowls that were given to me and intentionsions of being mellted. the patterns casted with a porris rough texture,this colud of been because i used old metal that probably had other metals in it, ive come to this conclusion because when i was melting the copper my metal was poping everywhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment