Welcome to my blog

Im exploring aspects of mehndi,designs,techniques,significance,function and historical background. I incorporate patterns that are either modern and traditional,Indian or Arabic into contemporary jewellery.





02 August 2012

bridal head accessory

this was a picture given to me by my cousin who is getting married and wants two bridal head pieces. she also asked if i could add my mehndi touch to i and tweak it so that it looks like its mehndi-like.
these were my designs.

some patterns were of Roome's were similar to that of the picture reference given to me by my cousin
Roome 1998:36

Roome 1998:39

Roome 1998:44

Roome 1998:47

using wax rolling worked well for these small elements

i aslo spend one entire day piercing this one element and filing it and sanding it to make it perfect so that i could make a mould of them and cast.


and my hand pieced flowers. lloks like everything is slowly coming together.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shelona ... nice to see you blogging... could you add descriptions to each picture, to explain what it is actually showing? I'm not sure what I should be looking for... This post could probably be divided into 3... Chris

    ReplyDelete