Welcome to my blog

Im exploring aspects of mehndi,designs,techniques,significance,function and historical background. I incorporate patterns that are either modern and traditional,Indian or Arabic into contemporary jewellery.





06 June 2012

draped hair accessory

Ive decided to make the elements by hand, reason being, I made a mould which doesnt inject so well, its costing a lot of time. And after casting, cutting the elements off the tree and cleaning them will be such a mission,I  prefer making them by hand, I find it quite de-stressing.
As I use my pliers to bend these into shapes,it becomes like a recipe in my mind,I know exactly how much to bend them so that they ,sort off look the same
forging them changes their shape,they now look like mehndi squeesed out of a bottle amd using the tip of the bottle to press in down so that it touches the skin and creates the marks of the bottle.



the little balls that are solderd onto the jumprings that will then be soldered onto the forged 's' shaped wires.

No comments:

Post a Comment