Welcome to my blog

Im exploring aspects of mehndi,designs,techniques,significance,function and historical background. I incorporate patterns that are either modern and traditional,Indian or Arabic into contemporary jewellery.





30 May 2012

draped hair accessory

My relative is gettng married and she asked me to design and make he a bridal head piece based on a brand of accessories by Kim Kardashian called noel belle head chain. however she wanted me to include my style,and add mehndi elements to create the chain









forged wire

soldered on the silver balls with jumprings


i soldered a y-shaped wire to the element so that the wax can flow
in order to make a 5 layered chain with this element i have to use approxmatley 188 of these elements so im gonna make a mould and inject wax to cast them,if my mould is not successful, since its so thin,it might not inject properly,i will do it by hand,soldering each one indiviually,i find this process of making each link theraputic.


No comments:

Post a Comment