Welcome to my blog

Im exploring aspects of mehndi,designs,techniques,significance,function and historical background. I incorporate patterns that are either modern and traditional,Indian or Arabic into contemporary jewellery.





13 June 2012

anglo plat prototypes


 I started off by linking these curvy forged elements and see what pattern it creates.This long chain could be a layered bracelet or a necklace or both.
the only problem was, they were  to flat,if i use them i have to forge them in a way that it looks 3 dimensional.I began using thin wire in various strands and tried twisting them around and linking them into each other and amazing things started happening.





I want to incorporate black sari fabric so that the platinum stands out.I want the fabric to be draped and pleated to represent a sari.The elements represent a paisley and the balls knotted with red string symbolizes the protection of Hindu goddess Lakshmi.

No comments:

Post a Comment