Welcome to my blog

Im exploring aspects of mehndi,designs,techniques,significance,function and historical background. I incorporate patterns that are either modern and traditional,Indian or Arabic into contemporary jewellery.





13 March 2012

making mehndi cones

I need to find some way of using the henna application method using a cone in my jewellery.Ive thought about materials that will be sutible for casting that will be a thick liquid when heated enabling me to create mehndi patterns and when left to cool it will harden so that I will be able to invest the element to start the wax burnout process.

I thought about using different waxes,chocolate,icing,clay but if I use clay I will need to make a silicone mould afterwards then pour wax into those moulds.

so Ive decided to try use wax first.

I started by making my cones with thicl plastic,acording to the instructions in the book called the Timeless art of henna painting by Loretta Roome.



I made a few sizes so I could see which size is more comfortable and easier to use,also getting different hole sizes for differnts thickness for the wax mehndi.

No comments:

Post a Comment