Welcome to my blog

Im exploring aspects of mehndi,designs,techniques,significance,function and historical background. I incorporate patterns that are either modern and traditional,Indian or Arabic into contemporary jewellery.





14 March 2012

act1

okay so ive tried using the wax in the plastic tube.I kept a tub of boiling water so that the wax will be kept warm and soft.The piping bag idea sort of works.



Just a few problems I encounted.One was the boiling water was seeping into the cone and mixing with the wax,two the tip was soft so when I applied pressure it squirts out a blob.


My intension now is to find a new tool that I could use to make the technique work. I need some sort of metal tip if I want to use this applicator.Loretta Roome uses a jacquard bottle with a metal tip to apply mehndi she says its found in craft shops,they are dye bottles prbably used for batiking fabric and she says they are also available in dispensers of your choice.


No comments:

Post a Comment