Welcome to my blog

Im exploring aspects of mehndi,designs,techniques,significance,function and historical background. I incorporate patterns that are either modern and traditional,Indian or Arabic into contemporary jewellery.





18 April 2012

Coral ring

I was given a ring with a coral to re-design, the guy wanted it to be rounded,by this he meant domed.He wanted the ring to have a swirly pattern, he sent me a picture of something that he liked.He had taken the picture from the movie that he had been watching.


It is my first time trying to make a ring like this.I wasnt sure how i was going to make it.All I know is that I want to include mehndi in some way to this piece so that it becomes apart of tech work.
I decided to make this ring in a way I feel is theraputic.The only way I see this ring being created is by carving out off wax and adding on wax rolled patterns.

I this way the ring realtes to mehndi. Mehndi application process I feel is very theraputic in that im am relaxed whist applying mehndi onto someone or something.Just in the same way I feel wax rolling is a theraputic process.

Mehndi process also relates to filling in spaces just in the same way im going to file a wax ring with spaces into which I will fill the wax  rolled elements.













No comments:

Post a Comment