Welcome to my blog

Im exploring aspects of mehndi,designs,techniques,significance,function and historical background. I incorporate patterns that are either modern and traditional,Indian or Arabic into contemporary jewellery.





09 February 2012

initial blog post

Start to the 2nd year of btech . My intensions are to focus on my theme which is to make jewellery based on mehndi patterns. I plan to brainstorm ideas in terms of design process,allowing myself to freely design and paint patterns in the comparison to mehndi application ,to fill spaces as you go along. It is a free-style process by this I mean that patterns can not be copied exactly like the way you see them, just like handwriting everyones handwriting is different, so is drawing and application of mehndi patterns .It will look different from the reference that I would start working from and thats what makes mehndi unique and beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment