Welcome to my blog

Im exploring aspects of mehndi,designs,techniques,significance,function and historical background. I incorporate patterns that are either modern and traditional,Indian or Arabic into contemporary jewellery.





18 May 2011

green

Yesterday I went shopping around for gift boxes for the wedding rings that I made and came across something very beautiful that gave me an idea of making someting for the Artisan Green exhibition.These are table decorations that I picked up at a Chinese shop on west street.


These are plastic decorations which are perfect for casting,they have glitter on them which wil give beautiful texture to the piece when cast




These were two out of many designs that they had,however when I thought about using them for the green exhibition these two designs seemed to work best because they were related to nature,their form and structure is just so beautiful.

Just some sketches of what I would like to make with the cast elements,a bangle,a neckpiece and earrings

No comments:

Post a Comment