Welcome to my blog

Im exploring aspects of mehndi,designs,techniques,significance,function and historical background. I incorporate patterns that are either modern and traditional,Indian or Arabic into contemporary jewellery.





14 April 2011

Our wedding ring

I made up the band,soldered and polished the ring.I drilled holes and used a ball bur to create the seat for the stones and pave' set the stones.I engraved around stones to make it look much more attractive.

My boyfriends mum told me to use some gold in my ring,she belives that gold is very neccassary in a wedding ring.Im not a fan off yellow gold so i used some of the rose gold my grand-mum gave me to make side bands to compliment my ring.
well she belives that gold represents purity and wealth,In the past gold was a form off
dowry for a hindu bride.although the pieces did contain precious gemstones but the gold was the main focus

1 comment:

  1. Hey Shelona ... This is such a nice post!... It has an interesting lead... regarding the use of gold... please pursue

    ReplyDelete