Welcome to my blog

Im exploring aspects of mehndi,designs,techniques,significance,function and historical background. I incorporate patterns that are either modern and traditional,Indian or Arabic into contemporary jewellery.





20 April 2011

mendhi inspired necklace

I arranged the wax elements to see how they will be put together.I modified the elements whilst in its wax form because its alot easier to work with as opposed to casting and piercing them in silver.


These are my elements after casting and cleaning.I soldered three jumprings on each element so that I could string the elements along with swarovski crystals.




I had some trouble attaching the beads with the elements.I re-thread them like four times because the elements were leaning forward so I played around with the number and placement of beads until it set the way I wanted it to set.

Looking at the overall finish of the piece I realise that I could of made my own silver dangle beads instead of buying them,so that it lends itself to the piece.

The catch works quite well with the piece.I used the mendhi elements to create the catch so that the back of the necklace is just as interesting as the front.

No comments:

Post a Comment