Welcome to my blog

Im exploring aspects of mehndi,designs,techniques,significance,function and historical background. I incorporate patterns that are either modern and traditional,Indian or Arabic into contemporary jewellery.





18 July 2012

mehndi with wax

this was really soft beeswax used for waxing shoes, I put pieces of wax into the cone and melted it in the microwave.
as the wax began to melt it started flowing towards the tip. I cut a small hole at tyhe tip and began creating designs,the wax has to be inbetween melting and cooling point to create these patterns. I noticed if its too liguid it spills everywhere when squeesed. if it to cold the wax that comes out of the tube starts curling into the air,it doesnt stick to the surface being worked on. The cone also becomes difficult to squeeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment