Welcome to my blog

Im exploring aspects of mehndi,designs,techniques,significance,function and historical background. I incorporate patterns that are either modern and traditional,Indian or Arabic into contemporary jewellery.





22 June 2011

Bridal head piece

The head jewel should be the focal point however it must not over-power the face of the bride, in other words I dont want to make it too big or too small because it will get lost with the brides image.If a hindu bride is going to wear it, it must sit over the forehead but just above the tikka/bindhi (forehead decoration dots). If a western bride uses it,she can wear it lower.Therefore it must be adjustable,musnt move easily,must be held in place by some sort of chain that will hook onto hair,or if the bride is wearing a tiara ,it can be hooked to the tiara. Im thinking of using 3 to 5 strands of chain to hook to the hair so its weight is balanced.
The focal point must be contemporary,maybe a flower,maybe including a gemstone or stone settings.

I have a stone that is shaped like a snow flake. I would like to incorporate it in my head piece,however it is not the colour I would of liked to use. It is crystal clear with irridecense.I would like to incorporate the use of colour,maybe red with a mixture of other tones if I happen to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment