Welcome to my blog

Im exploring aspects of mehndi,designs,techniques,significance,function and historical background. I incorporate patterns that are either modern and traditional,Indian or Arabic into contemporary jewellery.





24 March 2011

mendhi inspired necklace

I used beeswax that I rolled into thin sausages for the stem of the leaves.I then made the little petals.I made 5 different variations of the element so that I could see which size works better for my piece.

 I built my tree with my wax elements.at this stage some off the petals were falling off,I fixed them as they fell.


Here's my tree now all i need to do is invest and cast.

My cast elements had fingerprints on them,The prints were created when I rolled the wax.Kathlyn recomended to engrave veins onto the petals so that they distracted away from the fingerprints and added texture to my elements.
I initially wanted to use my elements as it is,(the same shape and size) to create my necklace.However after speaking to my classmate Songezo Baleni,he recomended that I let the size of the elements decrease outwards.


No comments:

Post a Comment